Another Tough Week
It has been another harrowing week for women’s health! And some more politicians have said some more appalling things. Here is a sampling of the news this week:
- Deeply Disturbing Study Shows Bias Against Women in Science Runs Deep
- Abortion Stigma is Simply Discrimination: Here Is How We Get Rid of It
- Why I’m Voting For Barack Obama In the 2012 Presidential Election
- “You Don’t Own Me” – A new spin on Lesley Gore’s 1963 hit
- Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said something appalling, and Romney is still endorsing him.
- Oh Obama, what you do to me! Check out his remarks about Mourdock on the Tonight Show.
- And watch Cecile and actress/activist Martha Plimpton urging Romney to rescind his endorsement of Mourdock.
- Great news out of Indiana: Court Bars Indiana from Blocking Planned Parenthood Funding
- Representative Nita Lowey says the Mourdock remark is not an isolated incident
Lastly, have you heard enough absurd comments about abortion this election cycle? Here’s one – Joseph McLaughlin, running in our turf’s very own 16th congressional district, says that medical advances have made it unnecessary to ever perform an abortion to protect a woman’s health.
“I don’t think that there’s ever been a case of that in the last 50 years,” he said at the LoHud debate earlier this week.
Oh! And we’re still not done with Nan’s comments from her Lohud debate last week.