What We’ve Been Reading: RNC Style
August 31, 2012
Republican National Convention wrap up:
- Clint Eastwood addressed an empty chair and brought #eastwooding into the twitter lexicon.
- Some attendees threw nuts at a black CNN camerawoman.
- The Daily show hits the nail on the head about abortion and the GOP platform.
- Paul Ryan’s and Mitt Romney’s speeches contained a “litany of falsehoods.” Wording c/o the NYtimes.
In Other News:
- ‘Personhood’ Movement Hits Snag in Colorado Ballot Initiative.
- RIP Shulamith Firestone.
- Bic pens “for her.” You know, for your itty bitty lady fingers. (The comments on the Amazon page are worth a read)
- Imagine that: Survey says Policymakers Who Oppose Abortion Should be Strong Supporters of Birth Control.
- And representing liberal NY, Congressman Peter King explains his position – no abortion with no exceptions, and let’s jail doctors.
Back to school for lots of students this week! Did you stock up on those back-t0-school essentials? (Image via Teensource)