Another Harrowing Week for Women
Here’s what we’ve been reading this week:
- We are still angry about Todd Akin. How angry? “Trigger, freaking, warning. I’m still fairly shaking with rage” Via The Abortion Gang.
- Speaking of that guy, here’s Eve Ensler’s extremely moving letter to Akin.
Here’s what we’ve been reading this week other than Akin coverage:
- Great headline of the week: The Problem With Men Explaining Things.
- Two terrible shootings the past few days, one in Chicago, one at the Empire State Building.
- POLL: Romney’s Extreme Record on Women’s Health Hurts Him Among Women Voters.
- “In Texas, Don’t Even Mention Abortion.”
- Ten Weird Human Sex Facts via The Frisky.
- Cecile Richards will address the DNC!
And here’s a handy infographic that details how underreported rape actually is, via RAINN: